Guide price based on one week flight inclusive package per person (UK fligths & airport transfers or car hire where needed). Other european and world wide flights available. Sports prices are additional as required (see sports centre pages for more on this).
General Impression of Martinhal Family Resort
Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest resort in Sagres, and amongst the best family beach resorts in Europe. This hotel is a family-focused, glass-enhanced hideaway with a beach and a national park for neighbours, an indulgent spa, and the concept of barefoot luxury at its heart.
Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made.
Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene.
Accommodation at Martinhal
Hotel Martinhal - A stay at Hotel Martinhal is an invitation to discover Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve.
Carefully positioned within the grounds of Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel, this luxury beachfront hotel – the first five-star property in the Sagres region – sits comfortably between the land and the sea, with a protected natural park as its neighbour.
The architecture combines a natural simplicity with contemporary style to create a building that appears organic, as if born to Nature. The 37 rooms, including two duplex Beach Suites, all have private balconies or terraces that afford impressive ocean views.
The hotel’s O Terraço restaurant serves a full buffet breakfast and offers a tempting dinner menu based on Portuguese and seasonal produce, prepared with a modern flourish. Hotel guests have full access to all the other resort facilities.
Children and babies are completely welcome at Hotel Martinhal and at O Terraço restaurant as well.
Village Houses - The Village Houses are set in distinct locations around the Village Square.
The Martinhal village comprises 55 two and three bedroom Ocean Houses that are perched on the highest point of the resort with breathtaking views over the sea. In addition, 28 very spacious two and three bedroom Bay Houses enjoy a quiet location on the eastern border of the resort, overlooking a wooded valley, with uninterrupted views of the national park to the east and the ocean, to the south. In the heart of the resort the Garden Houses are arranged around a natural garden, with a freeform ‘Oasis’ pool; 10 individual Pinewood Houses set apart in their own ‘close’ each with their own private swimming pool.
Vilas Mimosa - The 23 luxury townhouses located on the northwest side of Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel are known as the Vilas Mimosa. All are independently owned and feature 2 or 3 large bedrooms and a parking space in front of the house.
Their position affords impressive views across the resort, the Sagres peninsula and the Natural Park. Cosmopolitan in character yet maintaining an important sense of tradition, the townhouses have been designed upside down: bedrooms and bathrooms are situated on the ground floor while a large open plan lounge and state-of-the-art kitchen occupy the second level.
The interior speaks in a contemporary manner but the tone is measured. Comfort and quality are the central themes. Furnishings are stylish but functional. All townhouses have central heating, air-conditioning, satellite TV and a DVD player.
Only guests who book one of the Vilas Mimosa houses featured on our website have full access to all resort facilities, leisure activities, kids clubs, spa, wellness, shopping areas, and events and entertainment. In addition, guests of the Vilas Mimosa townhouses have the use of an exclusive heated condominum swimming pool and baby pool, both enclosed in a beautiful private garden during the summer months.
Facilities and Amenities
Families At Martinhal
Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel offers a host of activities for kids of all ages to take part in. Toddlers at Raposinhos can try their hand at face painting or join an outdoor treasure hunt. Simple arts and crafts using everyday materials works wonders for the imagination, and youngsters can spend hours making all sorts of colourful items to show proud parents. Activities like T-Shirt printing and cookery classes will spark the interest of older children. And the picnics held in the grounds will be a big surprise. Furthermore there is the Blue Room a self-contained games room where teenagers can absorb themselves in the latest video games or team up and indulge in more traditional pastimes such as table tennis, pool or table football. Older kids can go to the Explorers and Adventure club to learn to windsurf or go dolphin watching.
Martinhal also features a Sports academy where boys and girls can polish their skills or learn new techniques in activities such as surf, windsurf, swimming, tennis and football.
Top 5 reasons why families come back to Martinhal
1. Designer houses not just hotel rooms – We offer stylishly designed family houses, from our private collection of villas, to our Village Houses, which are furnished and equipped to the highest standards and enjoy opt-in daily maid service. The spacious houses are the ideal alternative for families to the more traditional hotel room holiday.
2. Truly family-friendly details – Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel has been designed with families in mind and children of all ages are especially welcome. The resort offers a wide range of children’s facilities and activities of the highest quality, made for kids from 6 months to teenagers. Restaurants have manned kids corners or play areas in front of the restaurants to enable the “mother to have her cappuccino with the foam still on it!” Adults are also spoiled and have full access to the resort’s wealth of amenities, including the tennis courts, padel courts, spa and superb food and wines. Wi-fi is free for both adults and children throughout the resort!
3. Wide range of authentic but family-friendly food – Food at Martinhal is fresh, tasty, interesting and authentic. Guests can dine in one of our three restaurants, which are all offering a different food concept. And for those looking to self-cater in the sophisticated surroundings of their houses, we offer a full take-away service, with numerous options ranging from breakfast to dinner. Kids menus are far from standard and offer a wide range of healthy options – including fresh purees! Stylish kids corners and playgrounds make it easy for parents to enjoy the food culture that the resort offers.
4. Family-friendly staff and service – Our staff is sincerely friendly and go the extra mile with a smile. It is our mission to make everybody’s holiday memorable. Both adults and children alike have mentioned specific staff as part of their list of reasons to come back!
5. Access to family activities and nature – The resort is located on the unspoiled Western Algarve and offers easy access to fabulous nature, beaches, the ocean and all associated activities in the surrounding of the Natural Park – all-year round biking, hiking, surf and yoga amongst others. Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is a playground of possibilities for young and old offering literally 365 things to do during your holiday!
Enquire about this hotel
Hotel Guide Price £1200
The price is a guide price only to include flights from the UK (other world wide flights available), transfer or car hire as required and one weeks accommodation assuming twin / double room share.
Sports prices are additional as required (see sports centre pages for more on this).
Please call for expert advice and and instant best price quotation.