The ultimate windsurfing holiday combines luxury with affordability. But how do you go about finding the perfect deal?
Here are a few tips from travel experts to get you started:
- Book 9-7 months in advance if you can. Most airlines release their schedule 9 months out. Book before and you won’t have all the options, book too late the fares will go up.
- Be flexible with flight times and duration – unsociable flight times and longer connections mean cheaper flights. Give us the maximum date range and we’ll do the work.
- Avoid school holidays – this might seem like the obvious thing to do, but many clients still don’t appreciate the impact this has.
- Family Christmas vs New Year – New Year’s Eve is the single most expensive day of the year for hotels. Get a good price by travelling on Christmas Day. If you can squeeze 1-2 days either side of the rush it can have a huge impact.
- Travelling with children? A family of 4 is no problem, a family of 5 is very hard to accommodation in one room. Make the most of travelling with your children when they are under 2 and still free!
- Look for seasonal low prices – the last 2 weeks of January and June, and the first 2 weeks of December offer good deals. September can also be a good month for last-minute offers.
- Talk to an expert! Tour operators often know the best deals available at the time and will save you precious time in finding the best deal for your budget, time of year and desired destination.
Want to know our best value destinations for your next windsurfing holiday?
Mauritius offers the best prices in the prime windsurfing season – even in summer school holidays! This exotic Indian Ocean comes in cheaper than European family holidays and offers a much higher standard.
The windy city of Cape Town is the perfect place to visit for a fantastic holiday combing great windsurfing with amazing food, high-quality accommodation and a variety of things to see and do. You can find cheap direct flights to South Africa and with a favourable exchange rate, its a very affordable place to spend your time!
We work with a one-of-a-kind luxury boutique hotel in West Portugal that is geared to the active traveller. Offering great value for money, this easy to reach destination offers fun for the whole family with amazing windsurfing, mountain biking and stand up paddle boarding all on your doorstep!
Asia offers fantastic value for money, and Vietnam is no exception. Visit Mui Ne – a relatively undiscovered destination with cheap direct flights and enjoy luxury hotels located right on the beach!