Golf de Roses in Spain’s Costa Brava offers fantastic windsurfing conditions in the summer months. Anyone that has visited this picturesque part of the Spanish coastline won’t need any convincing to return time and time again. Here are just 10 reasons why Golf de Roses is so special:
- This gorgeous area of northern Spain is punctuated by rolling hills and lush green pastures, all framed by stunning blue seas. It’s a true escape away from bustling modern cities and provides a great place for some much-needed rest and relaxation.
- The expansive bay of Golf de Roses provides a large, uncrowded playground where you can windsurf for as long and as far as you like, while never feeling unsafe.
- Those uncrowded waters and all that space, also make this one of the best locations in the Mediterranean to learn to windsurf.
- ION Club Golf de Roses, the windsurf centre we work with here is run by the friendliest couple who will go out of their way to make you feel at the home. The centre is also well equipped with all the windsurfing gear you could ever need, as well as a cute cafe. There are also stand up paddle boards available for windless mornings.
- This is one of the best windfoiling destinations in the world. ION Club Golf de Roses was one of the first centres in the world to offer foiling lessons and rentals and conditions to be one of the best. The flat deep waters of the bay make for some epic windfoiling conditions.
- During the summer months, the thermal wind blows consistently in a cross-offshore direction providing medium strength, stable winds that are perfect for a range of skill levels.
- The surrounding farmlands of Golf de Roses provide the cutest accommodation. From renovated barns to old farmhouses, a throwback to days of yesteryear with quaint country cottages, old wine cellars and rose-hewn gardens. Two of our favourites include Can Pico, set in the tiniest of little stone villages, and Can Dispes, an owner run property where every detail is taken care of!
- The area surrounding Golf de Roses is well worth visiting, from beautiful sandy beaches to hidden coves, quaint seaside towns and even the birthplace of Salvador Dali are all easily reached when you’re not out windsurfing.
So what are you waiting for? Contact us today and start planning your summer getaway to Golf de Roses before its too late!